Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sketch Challenge #225



Wow!! I finally got to do a sketch challenge! I've been so busy with getting invitations and favors ready for Laura's baby shower, that I haven't had to chance to do a sketch challenge in like.... Fur-Evah!


I LOVE the branch from this set, it's called Thoughts & Prayers, and its just so gosh darn pretty! I colored directly on the rubber and huffed it! Trimmed it out ever soooo carefully! Added a few layers, and put it on some "Walk in the Park" DSP. Really, now... can Stampin' Up come out with prettier papers than these?? I aDORE these papers!! They just go so WELL with a ton of stamp sets!


The sentiment is from the new set in the Occasions Mini called Oval All and its popped up on dimensionals. This set works SO nicely with the NEW oval scallop punch!!! It's just great when the punches and the stamp sets go so well together!!


The ribbon is secured with a brad that I had opened up and fastened around the back... just squeeeeeeezed it around the ribbon.


Here's a close up of the sentiment and you can see how I cut out the branch. I had to draw a pencil line where I wanted to cut, and anything outside the pencil lines was cut however the shape went.
I wish I had more time in the evenings to make more than just one card. Although... I am just HAPPPPPPY that I got to stamp!
Need to get to bed early tonight!! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!
Stampin' Hugs!!
Carol
Supplies~
Inks~ Regal Rose
Markers~ Always artichoke, Old olive, Regal rose, Black stampin' write
Paper~ Pretty in pink, Walk in the Park, Basic gray, Whisper white, Baja breeze Textured C.S.
Accessories~ Oval Scallop Punch, brads

2 comments:

  1. Carol, this card is stunning! It's perfect. The colors are lovely. That is a tough sketch and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Hanna, woman, I LOVE the branch cut out of the box like that. SUPER!!

    ReplyDelete