Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nature's Sunset


I love this stamp set... I think I say that about ALL of Stampin' Up!'s stamp sets! This card was made using the brayer and a SpectrumPad on Glossy Card Stock.

I punched out a post-it note circle before I started applying the color. Once I got the look that I was after, I removed the post it note, and sponged a little bit of summer sun over it.


Using "Inspired by Nature" I stamped the flowers in Basic Gray, and the grass in Mellow Moss.


The entire card is mounted on Basic black, then again on Whisper white, and finally on Pumpkin Pie with a top fold.




Here's the inside of the card, I stamped the grass again but this time with Versamark, and the butterfly is from "Great Friends." I used some retired ribbon, gosh I wish they would bring that back... it's FANtastic ribbon!





Here's a list of supplies:
Stamp sets: Inspired by Nature, Great Friend, Best Yet
Ink: Basic Gray, Mellow moss, Versamark
Paper: Glossy C.S., Basic black, Whisper White, Pumpkin pie
Accessories: Ribbon

I'll be posting a tutorial on this, also!

TTFN!

Carol

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! It does remind me of how sad I was when they retired our Spectrum pads! I miss them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is fabulous! I love how you did the sunset with the sponging and post-it-note. I too Love the stamp set. Its one of favorites of all time!

    ReplyDelete