Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Nice Father's Day Card


Ok... (I hope Leo isn't reading this) Here's the Father's Day card that I made for him. I found this idea on someone's blog... if I come across it, I'll give the proper credit.
I used glossy card stock, and sponged Night of Navy all around the outside edges of the card stock working my way into the middle. I left pretty much white in the center because I wanted that to be the focal point of the card. I used the deer from Nature Silhouettes and stamped him in Stazon black (Make sure you ink him realllllly well). I sponge Night of Navy craft ink on it again, and stamped it on a small piece of our new window sheet and then smooshed it as the reflection in the "water." I used the white gel pen to make the illusion of a water's edge, and some ripples. The tree is from the same set and I inked that in Navy craft ink. The white cardstock is mounted on Basic Black, then mounted again on Whisper white. I also roughed up the edges of the White C.S. The whole thing is then mounted on Always artichoke which was stamped with my Canvas background stamp. I did some hand stitching in the corners using some Linen thread. Wrapped it with some Chocolate chip 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon. It surrrre does look like a "manly" card. I suppose that is what I was after..
Ok.. gotta split... it's going to be a busy week of homework, to try to get everything done before Friday... we are going C-A-M-P-I-N-G this weekend!! yeaaaaa! Can't wait!
See ya!
Carol

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, girl, this is FANTASTIC! I know Leo loves these nature-style stamps so I know he's gonna adore this. The colors are wonderful together, love the hardware with the grosgrain ribbon, and that little touch of stitching is just PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card--You are talented !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. Now I'M going to try my hand at making this one.

    ReplyDelete