Saturday, June 20, 2009

As promised..... Here's the sneek peek!

Here are two cards using the new "Kind and Caring Thoughts" and "Circle Circus"

On this first one I stamped the background of the base card with this awesome shadow stamp in this set using versamark and randomly stamped it all over. Then on a piece of Basic Gray textured card stock I used my "hole-pokey" tool (that's what I call it, anyway) and the piercing mat and made zig-zag holes from one end to the other. Using a white gel pen, sewed it all together. This is faux stitching, and its easy-peasey! Just punch the holes and connect the dots! I also used my corner rounder and made the scallop across the bottom. The small medallions (from the new Circle Circus stamp set) randomly adorn the Whisper white cardstock using the new In-Color Bermuda Bay. Keeping the Bermuda Bay theme, I used the new polka dot ribbons and tie it hiding the polka dots. (I guess I figured there was PLENTY of action on this card!) The sentiment 'Thinking of You' also comes from the "Kind and Caring Thoughts". What a GREAT versitile set!




















Here's the inside of the above card..... weird that the lighting changed the inside color of the card..... (or is it my eyes just playing tricks on me??) They definately look like two different colors on this picture... hmm.
Anyway, the flowers at the bottom are stamped in Versamark.




















OK... This fun little number has a LOT of different elements going on here. First I colored directly on the image in with my Watercolor crayons (I STILL love to color!!) and I used Rose Royal, Rose Red, and Alway Artichoke from the Rich Regals collection. (Honest to Pete... its really called Rose Royal--that's what the side of the crayon said). THEN... I misted the rubber with a spritz of really fine spray from a water bottle and stamped it on the WORLD's FINEST watercolor paper. This stuff is FAN-tas-TIC! I mounted that onto a piece of Night of Navy C.S, wrapped a piece of taffeta ribbon around it and popped it up on dimensionals. It's resting on a piece of Bordering Blue C.S. which is also mounted on Night of Navy C.S. ALL of this is on a piece of Barely Banana (folded at the top) and the background is stamped with that cute little leave sprig from "Great Friend". The sentiment For you is also from "Great Friend". Two layers in this card have been punched with the ticket punch, and four Soft Subtle yellow brads adorn each corner. (Ewww... i just squished a bug on my computer screen... how gross!!)











Ok... so... here's a list of Supplies:
Card #1:
Stamp sets~ Kind & Caring Thoughts, Circle Circus
Paper~ Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Whisper white
Inks~ Bermuda Bay, Versamark, Stazon Black
Accessories~ Mat pack, Gel pen, ribbon, corner rounder

Card #2:
Stamp sets~ Kind & Caring Thoughts, Great Friend
Paper~ Barely Banana, Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, #140 lb. Watercolor paper
Inks~ Night of Navy, So Saffron
Accessories~ Watercolor Crayons, mist bottle, Taffeta ribbon, Ticket Punch, Brads

Ok... so... off for another card~
TTFN!
Carol

1 comment: