Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Givin' It a Go.... for Mojo



















Well... I thought I'd give the Mojo Monday Sketch challenge a try. I really liked this layout, especially when it's teamed up with those GORGEOUS IN-COLORS!! Did I mention how much I LOVE these colors??

Direction:
- Start off with a beautiful piece of Melon Mambo as the card base.
- Use the Scallop Edge punch to create the scallop edging around the Rich Razzleberry card stock.
- Add a burst of color with that Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Paper (Holy smokes that stuff is so pretty!)
- Tie it off with some Rich Razzleberry Polk-a-Dot ribbon... I hid the polka dots, figuring that I only wanted the bright colors from the DSP to show through.
- The stamped image is from the "Kind and Caring Thoughts" Level 3 Hostess set... What a GREAT versatile set!! So many great stamps, I love them ALL!
- I added a sentiment from the Oval All stamp set, which was colored with my SU! markers directly on the rubber, and punched it out using the Large Oval punch.
- Adhere the punched out sentiment to a punched out Scallop Oval of Rich Razzleberry, and add some white dots using a gel pen.
- Complete the card with a few flower punches from the BoHo Blossoms punch, and top them off with 1/2 pearl from the Pretties kit.
TIP: Use Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive to secure the pearls


Here's a close up of the sentiment. You can use your markers to color directly on the rubber, give it a little 'huff' to re moisten it, and stamp.



Ok... Stampers.... Give it a try!!
Have a GREAT day!!
Stampin' Hugs!
Carol

1 comment:

  1. I love how you did the oval! Great card! I used Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay on the cards I posted today. I'm really happy with the new colors.

    ReplyDelete