Monday, July 27, 2009

Cards from vacation!!

I really did get to stamp while on vacation... I just didn't get a chance to post them.
so... here's one that I did using my favorite set again... (Kind and Caring Thoughts).
If you look closely, you can see the background paper that I made myself. Since I had limited supplies while on vacation, I had to make my own DSP. I used the Razzle Dazzle set and stamped the image using blush blossom. I wanted it to be light because of all the other brighter elements on the card.

The scallop edging was done with my corner rounder, and I added a skinny strip of Basic black behind the Mellon Mambo polka-dot ribbon. The flower image is colored directly on the rubber, huffed before stamping, and raised up on dimensionals. I also used the same polka-dot ribbon around the flower, but, hid the polka-dots. Too much of anything is not good... :o)


So here's the list of supplies that I used:
Ink ~ Rich Razzleberry, Blush Blossom, Always Articoke, Stazon Black
Paper ~ Whisper white, Basic black, Melon Mambo




Here's another one:



This card was made using the Cheep Talk set. I haven't gotten to use this set much since I bought it... and its just so darn CUTE!!

This is a diarama card, and the holes were made using the 1 3/8 inch circle punch.

Yah... i really did cut that branch out with the birdy. Hey.. I was on vacation, what else did I have better to do, then to cut around birdy feet?
:o) So.... anyway.... here's a close up of those birdy feet... yeahh... wasn't cutting between them... he's LUCKY he still HAS feet!! :o)



I particularly like the buttons... Looks like black hemp... doesn't it?? NOPE!! I had this ensey weensy strip of Basic black card stock, so I threaded that through the buttons... what a GREAT way to save on supplies!! I'm not going to mention how many TIMES the darn paper broke... but... I finally got three buttons tied up... so I was happy!
Supplies used:
Stamp set ~ Cheep Talk
Paper ~ Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Ink ~ Assorted markers
Accessories ~ buttons (retired), Dusty Durango polka-dot ribbon
Ok.. folks... that's it for tonight....
Until later!!
Carol

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Carol, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cards!!! I can't wait to come home from FLA. to make them myself!!

    You are the BEST!!!

    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove the dimensional bird and branch in the window. VERY cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, thanks for the kind comments on my blog! I love your first card here---just a real beauty! I'll be lurking around to see what else you've made!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete