Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another Cupcake Birthday card



Soooo.... I had to make another birthday card, and since I just LOVE this Crazy for Cupcake stamp set, I dug it out again.   I wanted to use some really crazy and wild designer paper, so I found some retired DSP called Sweet Always.
This card was watercolored using blenderpens and markers.  Use the brush end of the marker and scribble on a smooth surface. Pick up some of the ink color using the blender pens and apply to the stamped image.
Each layer is matted on Chocolate Chip cardstock.

 
   The star is made by punching the Small Star first, then positioning the Large Star around the first punch. This leaves you with an outline of a star.
   The cherries are colored in with a Real Red marker, and topped with a dab of Crystal Effects to make them look shiny and round! The icing is highlighted with a jellyroll pen.

Here's a list of the current supplies:

Stamp set: Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper:  Whisper White; Chocolate Chip
Ink:  Black Stazon
Stampin' Write markers: Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Close to Cocoa
Accessories:  Crystal Effects, Circle Fire Brads, Small Star Punch, Large Star Punch, Regal Rose Grosgrain 5/8 inch ribbon.

Happy Stampin'

Carol

1 comment:

  1. VERY cute---I love the ribbon treatment. And I love your new banner---you've been playing with the Digi kit!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete