Friday, January 8, 2010

SR#1 - Stampin' Royalty Blog Challenge

Soooo..... COOL!
     I found the start of a new blog challenge, called:  Stampin' Royalty.  This brand new challenge starts us off celebrating it's birth!  The challenge... create a Birthday Card.

SO... since I know that I'm ALWAYS late sending my sister her birthday card (in Feb) that I would get an early jump on it!  (Don't look any further, Sissy, if your reading this!!)

Here's my take on this challenge.  I used the ornament punch as a vase simply by cutting off a tiny bit of the bottom.  Then I ran it through my Big Shot using the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, and then painted the raised portion of the embossing with Platinum Shimmer Paint.  Add some branches and blossoms, pop up the vase on a dimensional, and VOILA it's an INSTANT vase of prettiness!



Here's a close up of the vase and the shimmer painting


Here's the inside of the card...


Ok, now that it's made, I think I'll get it addressed and then it will be all ready to go! 

Happy Birthday, Tina!
Hugs!
Carol

Supplies:
Ink: Platinum Shimmer Paint, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Versamark
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Ornament Punch, Regal Rose 5/8 inch Grossgrain Ribbon, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Eyelet Border punch, Sponges 


  

8 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the vase! I'll definitely be casing that one! Thanks for playing with us at SR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool---you need to TELL me these things, when you find a new SU challenge!!!! I love what you've done here, especially how you carried the image to the inside. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That vase is so cool - what a great idea. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! I love the shimmer paint effect! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Carol. Tina will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you embossed the vase with the same as the background paper. Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with the vase! What a GREAT idea!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is very pretty, great job...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete