Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A tisket... a tasket....

....a yummy, chocolate-filled basket!!    Ok..ok.. I was NEVER good at poetry!

But... I did want to show the cute little baskets of YUMMY GOODNESS that I gave to the girls who attended my class on Saturday. I normally give something to all the attendees.. and they just LOVED these little baskets:



CUTE... HUH?... i found this gem on Kerin's blog.. definately check it out.  She's got some really CUTE stuff on her blog!

These were filled with Hershey kisses and tied with a pink satin ribbon.  The basket is cut from the Baskets and Blooms die and I also used the tag, and two of the flowers from that same die.  I stamped it using the Elements of Style and ran the basket through the Big Shot again using the new Lattice Embosing folder.. all from the new Summer mini.. (Please contact me if you need one.. this is ONE catalog that you can't live without!!)  The flowers were sponged... and curled a little using my bone-folder, and the tag was also sponged.  Fill it with some yummy chocolate, and tie it with a Pink Satin Ribbon!  Fantastic!!!!  What a great gift idea or a neat party favor!

TIP:  Stamp your image first before dry embossing!!  It makes a WORLD of difference!

Supplies:
Big Shot
Baskets and Blooms die
Stamp set:  Elements of Style
Paper: Sahara Sand Cardstock
Ink:  Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Lattice Embossing FolderPink Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone brad, Hemp Twine, Sponges, Super Sticky strip

CUTE... Huh?

Until next time!
Carol

Shop with me 24/7  -->  Click here!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, Carol! Do you like that basket die? Is it easy to assemble? I like that you textured it! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the BEST way to assemble the bottom of the basket is to make sure the sides are assembled using sticky strip. THEN, wrap a long piece of sticky strip around the base and hold the basket upright on the table. Push the base all the way in with your bone-folder. While holding the basket sides flat to the table, push the "tabs" of the base onto the sides, making sure that it all sits flat on the table. Sounds complicated.. Sounds like I should do a video on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, Thanks so much for linking back to my blog! I'm glad you liked the basket enough to make some yourself. I bet the girls that attended your class loved them, they came out so pretty!! Case me anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a wonderful basket - I am going to try it - I hope that you don't mind.. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete