Thursday, August 19, 2010

Time for......

a little MOJO!!

It's always a GREAT design... and even BETTER when an idea pops into your head the moment you see the sketch!  The second I looked at the sketch I realized that I NEEDED to use the Because I Care stamp set!

This was the VERRRRY first time that I've inked this stamp, and it certainly won't be the last!  This image is so realistic that I could almost smell the hydranga flower..  ...oooohh kayyyy... maybe not THAT realistic.  But it IS beautiful!!


Here's the MOJO sketch: 


And here's my take on the sketch:

There are LOTS of cool elements going on here.. first of all, Let me tell you that this idea was cased from my very close friend and downline, Nance Clugh.  She's an awesome stamper!  And it was HER idea to punch out the little flowers and add dimenstional!  

So... what I did was stamped a number of small flowers with the single flower stamp, and then punched them out using the flower punch in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack trio set. (noooo.. I didn't cut them out by hand!!)  Then they are all raised up on dimensionals to give it an illusion of depth. The Scallop Edge Border punch gives the Lap of Luxury DSP a nice edge.  I matched the DSP up against some Concord Crush cardstock to make it pop!  The 1/2 inch stitched poly ribbon finishes it off nicely!!  What a GREAT ribbon to work with!  Easy peasey to tie bows!!

Here are the supplies used:

Annnnndddd... that's all for tonight, folks!!
Until next time!!

Carol


2 comments:

  1. I love this card! VERY COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very nice looking. Thanks for sharing it. Barbara

    ReplyDelete